Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Bought The Yarn

I did it! I bought the yarn for my very first sweater, Duchess Raglan by Cecily Glowik. I think I may have deliberated over the color for longer than most people deliberate over... well, it took a long time anyways. I knew that I wanted to use the yarn recommended in the pattern. I think I need more experience with different fibers, types, and weights of yarn before I start substituting. My first thought was that a darker color would disguise imperfections, but I didn't really care for any of the darker colors available. I also wanted it to be something I could wear with any color jeans, so that eliminated any of the blues (which I tend to gravitate towards). I settled on "Ladylike Leaf." I think it will be beautiful.

Now, I wait impatiently for it to arrive... and finish my second pair of Fetching.

No comments:

Post a Comment