Sunday, March 16, 2008

First Completed 'Socks'

My yoga socks are complete! This was my first 'sock' project, my first knitting done on needles as small as a size 4, and my first time casting stitches off and then back on again in the middle of the project. Considering all of those firsts, I think they turned out nicely.

I put 'sock' in quotes because this project did not include what I assume to be the two hardest parts of knitting socks, the heel, and the toe. Upon completing this sock project, I have several thoughts about sock knitting. I love the idea of making my own socks out of beautiful, soft, cozy yarn. I especially love the idea of making socks specifically to fit my feet! However, I think it will take a lot of practice to knit on very small needles and be happy with the outcome. I also think I will definitely need help with my first real sock. I just read through a sock pattern, and feel like I was reading a different language. What is a short row, anyways? I am excited by the fact that there is so much to learn about this craft.

1 comment:

  1. wuhoo! Congrats! Those are cute... if I ever get back in to a yoga class, I think I'll need to make a pair myself :)

    ReplyDelete