Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Yarn Shortage

After completing both sleeves and joining them in the round to the body of my Duchess Raglan sweater, I was forced to put it aside because I ran out of yarn! I ordered one skein more than the pattern called for, but apparently that was not enough. I am not sure why there would be such a difference. I am knitting to gauge. Perhaps my tails are a bit too long when joining yarn, but I would not feel comfortable cutting them any shorter. Either way, I ordered more yarn and it arrived yesterday. I am withholding pictures until completion. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I was able to cast on and complete Rachel. When I saw this pattern, I thought it would be a perfect practice top for bellydance. It was a simple pattern, which I modified slightly for a better fit.








I love the way it turned out, and have a plan for a matching hip scarf. I just need to find the perfect beads before I begin that project.

I am finding that the more I knit, the more I want to knit. I have so many ideas and so many queued up patterns. Prioritizing is going to be difficult!

2 comments: