Tuesday, April 8, 2008

More Yarn? Seriously?

My brother is flying back to Colorado this morning. I miss him already. He is in the Air Force and I get to see him once or twice a year. It is not often enough!

It was a whirlwind of a week, and I have only had a few minutes here and there to work on my Duchess Raglan sweater. I pulled it out a couple times in between family events to relax for a few minutes. It was the first time I have done 'therapeutic knitting' and I was surprised at how quickly I was able to unwind. I messed up the raglan detailing a few times and had to use my crochet hook to travel down a few rows and get the yarn in FRONT of a couple of slipped stitches, but I think all is well now... almost...

The pattern called for 7 skeins of yarn. I bought 8 to be safe and still ran out of yarn. I bought another skein (that's 9!), but I think I am going to run out again. I have a very small ball left, and another very small ball leftover from one of the sleeves. I have about 16 more rows to go, and while those rows will have fewer and fewer stitches, I do not think I am going to make it.



How can I be using so much more yarn than the pattern calls for??!! It seems to be knitting up to the proper size, but I suppose we will know for sure soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment