Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Dishcloth, A Washcloth, Let's Call The Whole Thing Off

Here is my Ballband Dishcloth, which is actually intended to be a washcloth. Yes, while all of you were knitting sweaters and stoles for your moms for Mother's Day, I was knitting a dishcloth... ahem... washcloth. Hey, I am still new at this and feel like I need to practice on 10 more sweaters for myself before I even THINK about attempting one for someone else. I also could not even finish this project in time. On Mother's Day, I gave Momma some bubble bath from Origins and I showed her the first half of her washcloth. I think she liked it. I will mail her the FO this week.

This was my first project with more than one color. I liked the pattern since it was easy to see where I left off by looking at the previous row. I need to seriously work on casting on more evenly. I do not know why that seems to be a problem for me. Perhaps I need to practice. I have seen other people use this yarn for dishcloths, but I will ask my mom to let me know how it holds up in the tub before I make anymore.

Happy Mother's Day, Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment