Monday, May 12, 2008

Knitting Update

A quick knitting update...

My first sweater is currently being blocked. I wonder how long it will take to dry... stay tuned for final pictures!

When waiting for the additional skeins of yarn to arrive to complete my sweater, I cast on Ribbon X-Back. I have to admit that I am not really enjoying knitting with ribbon yarn. At first, I was trying so hard to keep the ribbon flat. I gave up on that and am hoping that with it twisting every which way it will have a fun sort of casual character. My intent was to have a cute, lightweight top to wear over my bathing suit this summer. I hope it becomes that.

I also cast on (this weekend) the Ballband Dishcloth. This is my first project with more than one color and it seems to be going quite well. I like the idea of having knitted dish clothes that can be thrown in the washing machine and sanitized. I also like the idea of having small projects like this that I can literally have in my purse wherever I go. It might even be the type of project I'd like to work on at the beach.

I was about to end this post, but decided to show you where Samson was while writing it. Believe it or not, he is completely asleep like this. I had to move his tail a couple of times, but otherwise I let him be.

3 comments:

  1. Your cat is hilarious. I hope that is a low dose monitor or whatever they call it nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made top with ribbon yarn a few years back, and wasn't really happy with the ribbon yarn.

    http://www.rebecca-online.de/shop/product_info.php?language=en&products_id=342

    It didn't help that I never figured out how to do fisherman's rib! lol.

    Good luck with your X-back. It looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg... Ralph and Samson definitely share the "right in the way" gene :) I can't wait to see your sweater!

    ReplyDelete