Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Solo Debut - Take 2

Alright, I already had my "Solo Debut" but that was completely improvised and in a small venue. It was an extraordinary experience... but I consider this next performance to be my "Second Solo Debut." Why?

Jamileh produces the "Always Fantabulous Portland Area Studio Show" every June. Each of her classes performs a choreographed piece in the John Ford Auditorium at Portland High School. She also gives dancers the opportunity to choreograph and perform solo or small group pieces for this show. Oh... and... I am doing a solo!! I choose the music... I choreograph the piece... and I take the stage... by myself. I am beyond thrilled. I can hardly sit in this chair to type this blog. I need to get started!

I was hoping that I would have this opportunity, so I already chose a song and have been choreographing in my head for a couple of weeks. Now that it is confirmed, it is time to set it in stone (figuratively speaking, of course).

I will not be able to do much knitting over the next few weeks, as now I have TWO costumes to create, choreography to generate, and a LOT of practicing. It will be well worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you, but that means you can't KIP doesn't it? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully we can come up and catch the performance!!

    ReplyDelete