Thursday, June 26, 2008

Return to Knitting

Now that all of the dance craziness is over, it is time to return to knitting!

Do you remember when I caught that bug towards the beginning of the month? Well, I did start a new project the day I stayed home from work. I cast on the Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet. I did not intend to keep it a secret. It is just that as soon as I was feeling well enough to photograph and report on it, I was back to sewing, choreographing, and rehearsing.

This little number is knitting up very quickly. I completed a large portion of it in one day, and that day included a lot of napping. I picked it up again last night and finished the "body" portion. Oh, it felt good to sit on my couch, turn on the television, and knit again!

I am using Rowan Polar as recommended in the pattern, and I just love the feel of this yarn. It is so soft and cozy. I think this will be great over sleeveless tops and dresses this summer. (I get cold fairly easily.)

I am hoping to finish up the sleeves this evening and get it blocking. I would love to be able to wear it this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment