Friday, July 18, 2008

It's Not Easy Being Green

I wore my Anthropologie-Inspired Capelet to work yesterday. A kind co-worker complimented me on it. I said with a proud grin, "Oh, thank you. I made it." She responded with surprise and then said, "I love that color green."

Green? I walked back to my cubicle thinking, "Wow, that poor woman has something strange going on with her vision." I sat in my chair, looked down at my left shoulder, and... GASP! It is green! It is not a lovely spring green, or a nice forest green, or even my high school's kelly green... oh no... it is icky-army-grayish-green. (Note: The army is not icky. The color is.) The name of the yarn color suddenly made sense. "Combat."

Not until I entered the fluorescent-lit office building, did it ever look green. The ball of yarn did not look green. When the sweater was blocking, it did not look green. In my apartment or outdoors, it did not look green!

This is now a "not-to-be-worn-in-fluorescent-lit-buildings" sweater. It is a little bit sad. I can hear it singing from my closet... "It's not easy being green..."

No comments:

Post a Comment