Saturday, July 12, 2008

Knitting, Sewing, Swatching

The knitting portion of the project that I am calling "Me Too, Rachel." is complete. Inspired by a project I came across on Ravelry called "Me Too," I decided to knit a second modified Rachel top (just fewer rows, I seem to be very short from shoulder to bust line). Next, I will sew a lightweight fabric to the knit top to create a casual and comfortable summer dress. The picture below is of the unblocked Rachel on top of the fabric that will become the body of the dress. Time to pull out the sewing machine!
In the meantime, I am swatching for Coachella. When I swatched for my first sweater, I neglected to block my swatch. That was a lesson learned since my sweater grew a little after blocking. I still love it... It is nice to have a big, warm, over-sized sweater... but fit will be much more important on this project, so I will swatch, block, and measure.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm looking forward to seeing the dress.

    ReplyDelete