Friday, July 18, 2008

One Hundred Push Ups

I admit it. I have been seriously slacking in the fitness department for the past several months. I have been dancing and practicing yoga here and there, but nothing more. I have thought about how to get back on track, but have not found the right motivation... until now...

I recently read about "The Hundred Push Ups Training Program" in a bellydance forum I check regularly. Supposedly, a person should be able to do one hundred consecutive push ups after six weeks following this regimen. I do not know if I will actually be able to do one hundred push ups after six weeks (or ever), but it sounds like a fun challenge to take on! I was even more inspired after reading an article titled "An Enduring Measure of Fitness: The Simple Push-Up" in the New York Times (shared in the same bellydance forum).

The first step is to do an initial test to see how many consecutive push ups I can do before starting the program. I will do the test tomorrow, Saturday, July 19. I will probably be extremely humbled by the number, but will post my results nonetheless. (Just be careful what you say to a woman who will be able to do one hundred consecutive push ups in six weeks.) I will then start the program on Monday, July 21.

Would anyone else like to take on this challenge?

2 comments:

  1. I think I might try this... I'll see if I remember to do the test tomorrow. Right now I'm a little tired and might not be thinking clearly :)

    ReplyDelete