Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Dance Wrap - First Attempt

I cast on and completed a little number that is partly from a pattern, but heavily improvised. I had some yarn left over from my Ballet T and decided to try to make a little wrap top for dance class. I used the basic idea of the Ballet T, but left out the front section, knit back and forth instead of in the round, and increased at the ends to shape the front. I used I-cord for the ties. At first, I was not pleased with it at all, but after blocking, I think it is wearable.

I want to try it again with a few modifications. I would like to cast on a few more stitches for the front sections, use a different increase, and perhaps add some sort of border.

No comments:

Post a Comment