Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Sewing Than Knitting

The month of October was filled with much more sewing than knitting. First, I created a new drum back for My Honey. It is lined and padded, and contains an interior pocket for sheet music. This is my first project of this kind, and I did it with out a pattern. Given that, I think it turned out great! I am convinced that if you are willing to pin, examine, re-pin, examine, and re-pin before sewing... you can do anything.


I also did a great deal of sewing for Halloween. My Honey and I were Tony Manero and Stephanie Mangano from Saturday Night Fever. I modified My Honey's vest (it was originally gray) and made my dress from scratch, again, with out a pattern. It is not very fitted, so it was not too difficult to figure out. I am very happy with it.


I have also started working on my next bellydance costume. My sketches are complete, and some materials are purchased. I hope to begin work on the belt very soon. I will be sure to post my progress on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment