Sunday, January 25, 2009

Belt Form - Complete!

My belt form is complete! I started by pinning together the two layers of buckram. In order to be sure the layers would not pucker when wrapped around my hips, I used my new favorite sewing tool to keep the layers curved while pinning... Yes, my new favorite sewing tool is a very large pot... I will make a dress form someday soon, but until then, this pot was very helpful. As you can see, by curving the layers around the pot, the excess material on the inside layer protrudes and can then be trimmed.After the two layers of buckram were sewed together, I sandwiched them between two layers of interfacing. After pinning (around the pot), sewing, and trimming, my belt form is complete! Next weekend, I will cover it with the blue velvet...
20090125_BeltForm0320090125_BeltForm0420090125_BeltForm05

No comments:

Post a Comment