Saturday, January 17, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

Apparently, I need to practice knitting flat!

I cast on for Blackberry quite some time ago, but I was not enjoying knitting it... was not getting very far... and was not pleased with how it was turning out. I realized that most of my projects have been knit in the round, and if not in the round, then still on circular needles. These big straight needles are cumbersome! My edges were wonky, my stitches were uneven, and it was taking me forever.

I contemplated switching to a circular needle, but decided that I should practice knitting on straights. I ripped out what I had done and started over. My second try (pictured left) looks much better than my first, and it is becoming less awkward. I hope I can keep it up and finish this sweater while it is still winter! (Although... spring should feel free to arrive as early as it would like...)

No comments:

Post a Comment