Monday, March 16, 2009

Blackberry is Complete!

As the title of this blog post suggests... I finally finished blackberry!

Yarn: Rowan Chunky Print
Pattern: Blackberry by Jennifer Thurston

I started this back in November, but really, it should have been a quick knit. I just kept finding myself working on other things.

The bobbles were a little challenging at first... knitting into the front and back of a single stitch three times was tricky with such large needles... but I eventually got the hang of it. I also found knitting flat a little challenging at first. Again, I think the size of the needles added to the awkardness.

This is my first sweater knit in pieces and seamed together, and my first attempt at seaming was largely unsuccessful. Fortunately, a patient friend (of Keeping Myself in Stitches) showed me the ropes. It went smoothly after that.

All in all, I like it! I bound off a little too tightly, so when I try to close the front, the sides bunch up a bit. However, I like it open, and can always undo the bind off and try again. It is extremely warm, which is good for me!

1 comment:

  1. You look so cozy in that picture... :) Looks great! Glad I could help out :)

    ReplyDelete