Saturday, May 2, 2009

iPods Wear Socks

My Honey spoiled me this Christmas with my very first iPod. (It is pink!!) I love it and want to protect it, but cannot find a case that I like. When I saw the iPod socks in the Apple store, I thought "Hey, I can make one of those!"

This project presented the opportunity to practice magic looping before beginning my first pair of knit socks (which I plan to start after the completion of a few other projects). It was also my first attempt at the kitchener stitch which I obviously need to practice a little more. I learned both of these techniques by watching videos (linked above) on www.knittinghelp.com. Great website!!

Doesn't my iPod look happy?



Yarn: Louet Gems Sport Weight in Colorway 2153
Pattern: Improvised

1 comment:

  1. Hey, hip dropped stitches! (Great name!) I didn't know you blogged, too! What next!?

    Love your i-pod sock. I could knit that. And I could use one. Good idea!

    Sorry I missed you at Blue last month. I will endeavor to do better in the future. :)

    We had fun last night, but Jeanne was there, and she said she's going to give us the business because we didn't use our zils. Oops. See you Tues.

    ReplyDelete