Monday, May 18, 2009

The Right Tool For The Job

I recently cast on my first project using lace-weight yarn, Lace Capelet by Mary-Heather Cogar. I struggled through the first few rows of stockinette, and came to a screeching halt at the first "slip slip knit." I have used this stitch in many projects, but my needle just seemed to be pushing the stitch around instead of getting in the loop. After struggling through half of one round, and consulting with a few of my knitting mentors, I decided I needed a pointier needle. I ran to Knit Wit on my lunch break on Friday to pick an Addi Lace needle. See the difference between the regular Addi Turbo and the Addi Lace?

I am trilled to report that this needle has made all the difference in the world. I ended up frogging what I had done and starting over, but in no time I was back to where I left off.

Sometimes you just need the right tool!

1 comment: