Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Coachella Conclusion

Coachella is complete! I finished it just in time to wear to the Blues Traveler show last Saturday night. It was the perfect top for an outdoor show on a warm summer evening. I absolutely love it... it fits great, looks great, and is very comfortable.

tuDSC03505
tuDSC03506tuDSC03509


My only trouble was that, once again, I bound off far too tightly and had to re-do that part. From now on, I must remember to bind off with a larger needle.

Yarn: Berroco Suede
Pattern: Coachella by Fathom Harvill
Modifications:
  • Knit six (6) fewer rows before joining front and back
  • Knit six (6) more rows after joining front and back
  • Increased length


Edited to add: I forgot to mention that I love that the line of the racer-back perfectly follows the scar I have from having heart surgery when I was 12 years old. You can see it below my left shoulder blade in one of the pictures above. The time leading up to, during, and after that surgery built a lot of character in me, and I like the character it adds to my body.

1 comment:

  1. I love this shirt so much and your scar does match perfect. Congrats on embracing it as a part of you. I love every bit of it the shirt and your scar and your attitude about the scar :)

    ReplyDelete