Sunday, August 23, 2009

Who? Who?

I cannot wait to meet the little one for whom I knit this vest. A friend (and inspiring knitter) is due to have a baby boy in October, and since she has encouraged me in my knitting adventures, it seemed fitting that the very first baby item I knit would be for her baby boy.
20090818_OwlVest06

Yarn: Jaeger Baby Merino DK
Pattern: Owl Baby Vest by Jodi Haraldson (Free Ravelry Download)

I fell in love with the little owls on this vest... they were fun to knit and see come to life. I discovered that I really enjoy knitting baby things... knitting while thinking of the little one and mom-to-be (and dad-to-be) was great fun.
20090818_OwlVest04


Fortunately, I know of another baby coming soon and cast on the Baby Bolero by Leigh Radford (found in One Skein). This little one is believed to be a baby girl so I am knitting with pink!
20090818_BabyBolero

Thinking of babies and hand knit items makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. The vest is adorable! Love the little owls... you did such a great job on it... Baby F will look DASHING in that :)

    ReplyDelete