Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Baby Bolero and a Lace Capelet

Amongst all of this dancing, I actually have been knitting a little bit, too!

First, I finished my Lace Capelet just in time to wear to a wedding we attended last weekend. I cannot believe I do not have a single picture from the wedding, but it is true! You can imagine what it might look like on my shoulders by this picture...



... but I promise to someday have a picture of me wearing it to share with you. I received many compliments on it at the wedding!

Pattern: Lace Capelet by Mary-Heather Cogar
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze

This was my first lace project, and while the pattern is very simple, it definitely took some getting used to. I am not sure I will embark on a more complicated lace pattern any time soon. I did love working with this yarn. The result is extremely soft and delicate, but strong as well.

And second, I finished this Baby Bolero!



Pattern: Baby Bolero by Leigh Radford
Yarn: Rowan Handknit Cotton

I liked this pattern, but I am not sure I would knit another baby sweater that requires seaming. The sweater is so tiny that even the smallest seams end up being a little bulky in comparison. I loved working with this yarn. It is so soft and lovely to touch.

I cannot wait to give this to the parents-to-be... I hope they like it!

2 comments:

  1. A baby bolero, a lace capelet, and a stick of butter?? ;)

    Must have picture of capelet on!!! :-D

    Nicely done on both projects!

    ReplyDelete