Sunday, November 8, 2009

Calorimetry is Complete!

At the time of my last post, I did not have much left to do to complete Calorimetry. Here it is!

20091108_Calorimetry01
20091108_Calorimetry03

This is the first project that I did not swatch for in a long time, and so the result is a little bigger than expected. I actually like the kerchief-like fit, though. It is nice and cozy on my ears!

Pattern: Calorimetry by Kathryn Schoendorf
Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Aran Marl

Since then, I have cast on for a pair of mittens. One is complete, and one is in progress.

20091108_Mitten02

I'm using the free pattern "Classic Mittens" by Bernhard Ulmann. The one that is complete fits perfectly, and using smaller needles than usual with worsted weight yarn resulted in a nice tight knit which is sure to keep my fingers warm this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment