Sunday, April 11, 2010

Rocky Mountain High Socks

At the end of March, my mother and I flew to Colorado to visit my brother. My brother and I speak on the phone quite often, but it had been far too long since I had seen him! I began missing him before he even dropped us off at the airport, and I cannot wait until our next visit.

For my mother, this was her first cab ride, her first time on an airplane, and her first time in Colorado. For me, it was my first time knitting socks. Her accomplishments were far more significant, but still... check these out...

20100329_RockyMountainHighSocks

I'm using Liat Gat's Beginner Socks, Magic Loop Variation pattern, and doing two at a time. I have a feeling I would likely suffer from the dreaded "second sock syndrome" I have read so much about, so I decided two-at-a-time was the right choice for me. I loved knitting these socks on the plane, and I cannot wait to see how they turn out. I already have visions of my next pair dancing in my head.

Here are some additional photos from our trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment