Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Do You Remember

Do you remember when I used to knit, and sew, and dance, and tell you all about it? I actually have been dancing a lot, and sewing a little, but knitting has been almost completely pushed aside by "house projects" until very recently. I am excited to get back to it, and to update you on what I have been up to, but first, this news has yet to appear here...

This photo was taken moments before My Honey proposed to me...
tu0725101748b
We were driving into town for dinner (coincidentally, to the same place we went on our first "real date"), and we were talking about how we had met five years earlier (nearly to the minute) and reminiscing about that moment. He suggested we go to the apartment at which we met and take our picture. I loved that very sweet and romantic idea. We arrived, and giggled as we attempted to take self portraits with his cell phone, finally capturing one that included the building number.  There was a pause...  and then...  he looked into my eyes, said the most wonderful words, and asked me if I would marry him. My mind, body, heart, and soul were screaming "yes" but I think it took me a few moments to catch my breath and say it out loud. When I did, he gave me the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. It is present, but blurry, in this photo which was taken moments after the proposal...
tu0725101754a
... but a photo would not do it justice anyway. It is an estate piece... 1920's... art deco... intricate and delicate platinum setting...  and the diamond sparkles more than I ever knew possible.  Given the task, I could not have chosen one more perfect.  I like to think about how my hands will change over time, and how this ring will always be on this finger... and how I will always be grateful for this amazing man, with whom I am so fortunate to share my life.

2 comments: