Monday, November 22, 2010

My Favorite Blanket, A New Look

On our first Christmas together, My Honey gave me the most comfortable down throw. It is my favorite blanket, and you can find me curled up in it almost every evening from September through June. One side is a lovely shade of pink, and the other is a delicate pink and white organic print. It is beautiful, but we do not have much pink in our home so it always looked a bit out of place when I left it on the couch or a chair. Creating a duvet cover was the perfect solution...

tu0958

My Honey's sister actually sent me a link to another one of Valori Wells fabrics last spring. I followed the link and began browsing her collections.  When I came upon the Del Hi collection in the ruby color palette, I knew it would be perfect for this project. (I then waited for it to go on sale at one of my favorite online retailers and purchased it at an amazingly low price.) (And because it was such an amazing low price, I bought a few yards in one of the blue-ish color palettes as well.) As you can see, it still has a touch of pink, but the additional shades of red and orange give the pink a little punch.  I love the coordinating prints. 

The fabric was not as wide as the duvet would need to be, so I ordered extra to be sure I would be able to match the prints.  I did not want a seam down the middle, so I used a larger panel in the center and two smaller side panels. Matching up the prints was fun, and I am thrilled with the result. (You can see the seams in the above photo.)  I purchased the red cording from Jo-Ann's and I think it gives the duvet a nicely finished look.

tu0975_p

This is now a throw I am proud to have in my living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment