Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mischevious Monkey

The holiday season is underway, and I have already received a very special gift...  a Sock Monkey!
tu1278

My step-father's mother made him for me. Is he not darling? He was rather agreeable to a photo shoot...

tu1280

...but I should have known better than to pose him next to the bean pot!

tu1281

Honestly, I do not know if this is a bean pot. My maternal grandmother, Nana, had a bean pot that looked nothing like this in which she always kept candy. When I found this little pot at a flea market, I fell in love with its shape, color, and weight... it is heavy! I like to keep chocolates in it and I think of Nana and her bean pot every time I reach in.

tu1282

Apparently, this Sock Monkey likes chocolate.

tu1285

He still needs a name... Cocoa, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment