Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Journey in Dance in 2010

I danced more in 2010 than ever before, but I blogged about dance less often in 2010 than ever before. How did this happen?

The truth is, that 2010 has been a year of significant growth for me in dance. So much so, that it is overwhelming to write about. I attend weekly classes with an inspiring teacher, Jamileh, and I do not think I have left a single class this year without experiencing at least a small (but often big) personal discovery. I also teach a weekly class and in each one I notice something new about myself as a dancer, a teacher, a woman, or simply a human being. I attended an amazing workshop weekend with Ranye Renee, and my private lesson with her was a tremendous turning point for me and my relationship with dance. And performing... I have had a performance nearly every month from a small restaurant setting, to studio shows, to professionally produced fundraisers, to festivals, to private parties and weddings!

Looking back, I am filled with gratitude. I am grateful for my teachers, my sisters in dance, the unending support from My Honey, the opportunity to continue learning, the opportunity to continue teaching, and the opportunity to share the incredible tradition of belly dance.


tu1516

Studio Show - June 16, 2010

tu1843

tu1844

tu1867

tu1874

tu2239

tu2288

Live and Dance Strong - July 20, 2010

tu2831


tu3160

Wedding Reception - December 12, 2010

tu1232

tu1247

No comments:

Post a Comment