Saturday, December 31, 2011

An Eye Pillow for Mr. HipDroppedStitches

Mr. HipDroppedStitches and I both enjoy practicing yoga, but we have not been making time for it lately. That is one of our goals for 2012, so when Mr. HipDroppedStitches mentioned wanting an eye pillow for the final resting pose, I decided I would make him one for Christmas.

tu0671

You may recognize this fabric as it matches the lounge pants I made for him earlier this year. The outer fabric is similar to a pillow case in how it slides over the actual eye pillow. It may be removed and thrown in the wash. The eye pillow itself is made of muslin fabric and filled with rice and dried lavender. I serged the seams, but did the hem by hand.

tu0674

I think he was delighted to find this handmade gift in his stocking this year!

1 comment: