Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1902 Singer Treadle Sewing Machine (#27)

Because My Honey and I are having a very private wedding ceremony this spring (just the two of us), I am always caught off guard when someone mentions wedding gifts. Imagine my surprise when my dad and step-mom arrived at our home on Sunday afternoon with this wedding gift for us...

tu1768

This is a 1902 Singer Treadle Sewing Machine (#27)... in amazing, beautiful, and working condition. Our love of antiques combined with my love of sewing (and My Honey's appreciation of it) makes this a wonderfully thoughtful and generous and amazing gift.

tu1744

tu1745

tu1742

tu1736

To my delight, the drawers are filled with vintage thread, buttons, and closures. I even found the key to lock and unlock the drawers. In one, I found this...

tu1777

This tray full of accessories folds up into a beautiful wooden box. The manual for the attachments is even still in tact.

tu1783

tu1787

I can hardly believe that this beauty is now ours! I cannot wait to learn how to use it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing, beautiful and thoughtful! Excellent gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just bought one and am stoked to have such a great piece of America!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found the picture of your machine yours is beautiful and it is the exact one I just bought. I am looking for more info so I can get an instruction manual, belt, parts etc. I am in NJ do not know where you are or if you know any place online I can get things from. Any tips would be appreciated. Mary mjrooney1@optonline.net

    ReplyDelete