Sunday, February 13, 2011

Another Anda, Finished

My second dress made from BurdaStyle's Anda pattern is finished!

tu3878

You can see my project on BurdaStyle here.

Already having the pattern altered, this second Anda dress was a breeze.  The fabric is a little heavier, a knit, with a velvet-like texture.  I love the colors and the pattern, and it is very comfortable.  Since this fabric was thrifted, along with the bias tape and elastic, this dress cost next to nothing to make.

tu3873

This time, I took the hemline up to just above the knee.  I typically prefer a just-below-the-knee hemline, especially if I plan to wear the dress to work, but this blog post caused me to reconsider this "rule" of mine.  The idea is that in order to show that one's legs have any shape at all, one should either show her knees or her ankles.  Since I will likely always wear tights and boots with this dress, I think a little knee is appropriate.

I believe I have achieved another sewing success! I even survived the outdoor photoshoot in the "feels like" 16 degree (Fahrenheit) temperatures. I just had to jump around a little in between shots.

tu3876

No comments:

Post a Comment