Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bridal Shower Gifts Contain Fiber

Nearly a month ago, my mom surprised me with the loveliest surprise bridal shower. I would have thought it impossible to surprise me, but she, along with my soon-to-be-mother-in-law and soon-to-be-sister-in-law, did it (with a little help from my fiancée as well). I thought I was picking something up at my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's house on my way home from a dance workshop, and arrived to find a room filled with my family and friends. I was surprised, overwhelmed, and above all, feeling loved.

I received so many wonderful and generous gifts; I thought you might like to see some of the fiber-related ones!

One of my friends knit this photo frame. It has a button closure in the back along with crocheted loops for hanging. I look forward to choosing the perfect photo for it!

tu2327

Another friend gave me this amazing handspun yarn.

tu2310

She wrote this blog post about it in January, explaining that it would be a gift. I fell in love with it then and thought (and commented) that the recipient was very lucky. I could hardly believe that I was the intended recipient! This may just be the most beautiful yarn, ever. Be sure to check out her Etsy shop!

My aunt crocheted this stunning clutch.

tu2307_crop1

An earring that belonged to my grandmother adorns the front. So special!

tu2307_crop2

The same aunt also knit this beautiful blanket.

tu2288

It is incredibly soft and warm!

tu2292

Thank you to all of the amazing women to traveled from near and far to help celebrate this special time in my life. I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased that you like the handspun yarn :) You gave a lot of very talented friends! Beautiful gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw shucks... you are an amazing woman yourself there, hun. It was a great time and I'm glad you like the gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have very talented friends and family! I am grateful to be surrounded by inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete