Monday, May 9, 2011

My Wedding Present from Mr. Hip Dropped Stitches

When we returned home from our trip to Jamaica, after unpacking a bit, I walked into the living room to find a large wrapped gift. Mr. Hip Dropped Stitches explained that it was my wedding present, and encouraged me to open it. I sat down next to it and carefully peeled away the wrapping paper. I could not believe what I saw...

tu2648
This photo was taken after my first lesson which is why it is threaded.

a brand new serger!!! I nearly instantly burst into tears. My mind began swirling with ideas of all the things this serger will make for me, for our home, and for our family... a most wonderful gift from the most wonderful man.

Of course, I have never owned nor used a serger before, so I made an appointment for instruction at the South Portland Sewing Centre where Mr. Hip Dropped Stitches purchased it. Three generations were at the family business when I arrived at the shop on Saturday morning, son, mother, and grandfather, and I felt as if I had been welcomed into their home for the hour I was there. The mother sat with me and taught me how to thread the machine, how to serge a seam, and how to look at the seam to determine what tension adjustments may need to be made. I am so grateful for the lesson... and so eager to learn more!

Thank you, Mr. Hip Dropped Stitches!

Now... which project shall I tackle first?

5 comments:

  1. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL GIFT

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL!!!! :) Perfect gift for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed! Between this, and the treadle you gave me, and my trusty regular sewing machine... I'm unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Nice Mr. Hip Dropped Stitches!!!

    ReplyDelete