Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Baby Blanket for Baby E

Our dear friends are expecting a baby girl in October, and we are so excited!  I attended the baby shower last weekend, and for one of the gifts, I made this blanket.

tu6536

I fell in love with this fabric when I found it. It is very pink, but it is for a baby girl! I think that the organic print with touches of orange keep it from being too pink. I used this tutorial by Tea Rose Home to do the self binding. Before binding, I added batting to the back of the printed fabric to give the blanket a little loft.  The backing is a pale pink that coordinates well with the print.  I did a little "free hand" quilting with my machine to finish it off. I imagine a small lofty blanket like this would be great for a baby to play on. I hope Baby E likes it!

4 comments:

  1. We love it and she's gonna love it!  It's hard to believe she'll be using it in two months. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you love it! It is hard to believe we'll be meeting her so soon!

    ReplyDelete