Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Butterfly Capelet

After two years (has it really been that long?), my Butterfly Capelet is complete!


I began this project in January 2010 and finished it on the last day of 2011. I knew I had not been knitting much, but this is real proof. I hope to make more time for knitting in 2012!


For this project, I used the same wool (a generous gift from my sister-in-law) that I used for my Butterfly Hat and my mittens. I used Pamela Costello's Incredible Custom-Fit Raglan guide to get the general size and shape (I simply did not separate for the arms and increased every ten rows for a gradual flare), and used the butterfly technique from Sofiya Cremin's Butterfly Hat.


I wanted a capelet that was cozy, but did not completely conceal my figure. I think that by ending it at my natural waist line and adding a bit of vertical detailing down the front, I was able to make it work. In fact, I love it!


You can see this project on Ravelry here.

2 comments:

  1. This came out AMAZING!  Simply beautiful! 

    ReplyDelete