Monday, March 12, 2012

My Vite Cowl

Remember the Vite Cowl that I told you I knit during a weekend in the Berkshires?

Here it is!

tu-9191a
The pattern, Vite Cowl by Kristi Johnson, calls for super bulky yarn and size 15 needles. I used bulky yarn and size 13 needles. I really wanted to use this skein of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky that I purchased at Goodwill for $1.99 (minus 10%, I love my discount card!), and I thought that a slightly smaller version might suit me better anyway. Fortunately, I think I was right. This yarn was lovely to knit with and I while I love a bargain, I would happily pay full price for it in the future.

I highly recommend this pattern. This was my first attempt at knitting a pattern like this, and I loved seeing the leaves that make up this cowl take shape. I was delighted to find that I was eventually able to "read my knitting" instead of reading the pattern which enabled me to knit it up very quickly!

This cowl has been one of my go-to items in the morning since its completion. It is so pretty that I do not think twice about leaving it on all day at work (I often find it too cold in the office). I just love it!

Pattern: Vite Cowl by Kristi Johnson
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky (1 skein)
Needles: 13
Started: January 13, 2012
Completed: January 15, 2012

You can see this project on Ravelry here.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!  I'm glad it keeps you cozy at work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't patterns like that fun?  It's really the perfect color for you!  Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete